AHA BLS Provider (HeartCode BLS) Blended eLearning Course
The American Heart Association HeartCode BLS Blended eLearning course uses the latest eSimulation technology to enable students to assess and treat patients in virtual healthcare settings. Utilizing a variety of eLearning assets such as dramatizations, eSimulations, animations, self-directed learning, and interactive activities, this course teaches BLS knowledge and skills. This method of learning provides training consistency, adaptability to different learning styles, and flexibility for the student’s and employer’s time. Students can work at their own pace applying their knowledge to real-time decision making and skills development. Blended training also supports the need for hands-on learning of psychomotor skills. Debriefings and coaching are provided immediately after each simulation.
Is This Course for You?
This course is designed for doctors; nurses; nursing students; physicians assistants; nurse practitioners; lifeguards (required annually); dentists; hygienists; dental assistants; EMTs; firefighters; respiratory, physical and occupational therapists; lab techs and anyone working in the medical field.
Upon successful completion of the online portion a certificate of completion is available for students to print. This certificate must be presented for the hands-on skills practice and skills testing session with an AHA Instructor. Upon successful completion of both the online and hands-on portions, students receive an AHA BLS Provider Course completion card, valid for two years.
After successfully completing both the eLearning and hands-on session of the BLS Course, students should be able to:
• Describe the importance of high-quality CPR and its impact on survival
• Describe all of the steps of the Chain of Survival and apply the BLS concepts of the Chain of Survival
• Recognize the signs of someone needing CPR
• Perform high-quality CPR for adults, children and infants
• Describe the importance of early use of an AED and demonstrate its use
• Provide effective ventilations by using a barrier device
• Describe the importance of team dynamics in multirescuer resuscitation and perform as an effective team member during multirescuer CPR
• Describe the technique for relief of foreign-body airway obstruction (choking) for adults and infants
Course Length: On-line portion takes approx. 2 hours and Skills Session takes about 45 minutes.
Certification: 2 years from the American Heart Association (Results in same certification as a full classroom course)
Course Price: $31.00 for on-line portion, payable directly to AHA, and $60 for the Skills Session
Book: No book needed, online access to all the course information for a period of 2 years
Register for this course on the AHA web site at www.onlineaha.org and pay them directly.
Please download this guide, which will help you prepare for your course: Heartcode Tips
After completing your online course, print the Certificate of Course Completion and
email us or call/text (219) 865-5596 to schedule a Skills Session.
Must bring Course Completion Certificate to Skills Session!